My First Experience: Runway




     About a few months ago, I think it was the most amazing day of the month. It all started when I finally opened my Facebook after such a long time. Then I saw that there was one Inbox, I was so excited because I usually get notifications from people who are inviting me to give them points for the games. But when I saw that it's from my senior, Gaby, I realized that It was something important. I opened the Inbox and it was in invitation to be one of her model. I was so excited and I really looked forward to it. So I agreed and after a few days, we were rehearsing for the runway walk in Amartha Hall, I was little bit shy but then Gaby told me to give the audience a better pose. It was my first ever runway walk, I was so afraid, but yet excited. Then later on 'the' day, Gaby gave me the dress that I'm going to wear, her fashion line was fabulous, it was the mixture of the culture of Indonesia and the modern era. The fashion line was called... "Revolution". She is such a great designer.

     And then when we got in the backstage, they got amazing accessories, the backstage was like the real backstage of a phenomenal show. The 11th graders did an amazing job on it, then her friend wanted to see our walk and we did it, and he said it was good. Then we tried out the accessories and Gaby did our makeups, she's such an expert in everything. After a few minutes of waiting in backstage with the other models, and then we got to do our walk on the runway, the other models was so confident and they could walk really good, and finally it was my turn. I walked to the front, strike a few poses, and my friends from the grade started to scream my name and then I started to gain more confidence, it was actually dark and foggy, all I could see was the big spotlight and the night was so phenomenal, the 11th graders were such good party planners. And then when I finished my runway walk, some of my teachers were giggling, I think it's because they always pictured me as a little girl sitting at the back of the class and maybe it surprised them that their students actually got to walk, doing what she never normally do. After I got in the backstage again, my friends were hugging me and they complimented me, and until now on, I think I'm not a good model on the runway walk, but I will try and actually facing the things that we never do is such  good opportunity to face the fears.

“If you can't do great thingsdo small things in a great way.” -Napoleon Hill. 






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Kharisa said...

Thanks for posting this, Velda. You look stunning in the pictures. First Experiences are always you can say frightening, but most first experiences are the best. My First and Best Experience was in riding high rides, because I used to be scared of heights, but now I'm not afraid of riding high rides anymore. Do you have any other first experience that change you in your habits or attitude?

Anonymous said...

Wow!! what an amazing experience you got! I'm sure you'll be a good model. I like where you tell us about the confidence things. And it is also an inspiring quotes you got. Good luck with you modeling then. :)

Velda Azaria said...

Thank you so much for the nice comment, Icha! And thanks for stopping by. I don't look stunning in the pictures, the other models look stunning! But thanks, again. That was a good first experience, my father is afraid of heights too, until now on. My other first experience would have to be raising my hand for the first time to answer the teacher's question in Science class, I was so scary that I might be wrong with the answer, but then it's the right answer! And I felt good about it (: When was the first time that you raised your hand in class?

Velda Azaria said...

@Justin Kenzie Thank you, Kenzie! I think it's so nice of you to stopped by and check my post. Thank you, Amen to that! And I'm really glad that you like it! Thank you for all the compliments, you're really nice, do you know that? Thank you Kenzie, good luck in your IT career, I can picture you being the best in your job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this velda. You had an amazing experience. You inspired all the people that read your post. I also ever had an amazing experience. Did you have any other amazing experience beside this?

Post a Comment